Home.               Contact Me.               About Me.               As Featured In...               Events.              

Sunday 28 September 2014

In Competition with myself

  Do you sometimes feel like you're not good enough? Or how about feeling like no matter what you do or how good you are at doing it, you just can't seem to catch a break?
Well, it happens to me and I know these aren't the "best" emotions and I shouldn't think like that and blah blah blah, but I'm only human and I have my faults.
There's 2 things that get to me from time to time- the first is the fact that my blog just doesn't seem to be taking off to the heights I know it can reach and the second one is just plain and simple jealousy.



I know patience is a virtue and is key and is cherished but sometimes I feel like with all the content I put out and work I put into the blog, shouldn't I be seeing more results? Sometimes I kick myself because I know bloggers who started blogging after me and yet have been able to amass about 100 times the following I have and I can't help but wonder; what's wrong with me? What am I doing wrong or not at all? Sometimes I submit my photos to different sites but they never use it although I think I've killed it. Sometimes that really makes me second guess myself.
How do some bloggers have all this engagement on their various platforms while I'm left with thousands of "ghost followers" who never seem to check out nor interact with neither myself nor my posts?
These feelings can sometimes lead to me falling into the "binge shopping" trap but I refuse to pull out my credit card and shop for clothes that will make me feel full and trendy temporarily...no, I prefer to share these emotions with you; not necessarily for answers, but just for the sake of sharing as they say, sharing your problem is half of resolving it.
I really really appreciate those of you who have been so supportive and loyal! You're the best and I can't thank you enough.
1 of you recently told me, "Brenda, I love your page and I think you deserve more recognition than you're getting...'" and all I can say is: Thank you, I agree.

***Now that we got that out of the way, can we talk about this amazing blazer that the lovely Rahyma from Rahyma Designs was kind enough to send my way.
The colors I tell you are so vibrant and perfect for Fall and the classic cut is rare to find with most ankara blazers I have worn in the past which just fell flat.
I paired it with my Zara pleated skirt and an H&M clutch and boom! I wore this to my closet sale last week.










Blazer c/o: Rahyma Designs
SKirt- Zara
Clutch- H&M
Heels- Gojane

XOXO
SKinny B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...